As a photographer and entrepreneur, I am always finding new sources of education and being influenced by the people in our industry who are really rocking it.
1. Chase Jarvis- An enthusiastic entrepreneur and visionary photographer; his brand is every bit as much a work of art as his photography.
2. Jeremy Cowart- He began as a painter and then went on to found his own graphic design company, Pixelgrazer in 2001. It wasn't long until he discovered his true passion in photography, which he's been doing full time since 2005. If you need to get lost in a blog that will help you grow as a photographer, I can't recommend this one enough.
3. Trey Ratcliff- Stuck in Customs (Trey's website) has become the #1 travel blog on the internet. His images are mind blowing and his website is easy to get lost in, so make sure you've got a hot cup of coffee and some free time before you sit down to explore.
4. Joe Mcnally- With a career spanning more than 35 years, he's been listed by American Photo as one of the "100 most important people in photography". Often described as a generalist, there doesn't seem to be anything he can't photograph. His teaching style is accessible and makes the task of learning to light your photographs a little less overwhelming, making him one of my favorite sources for speed-lighting tips and techniques.
5. Syl Arena- If you're wanting to learn speedlighting techniques, Syl and Joe are your guys. Syl is a photographer with more than 40 years experience, he's obsessed with light and image making and happily shares his knowledge. If you're looking to grow your skills, Pixsylated is worth checking out!
Do you have a favorite photography blogger? I am always looking for new sources of continuing education...so make sure you put a link to your favorite blogs in the comments!